Thursday 26 June 2008

Corporate Institute of Public Relations (CIPR)

CIPR is the PR governing body of the UK. In America there is the Public Relations Society of America. When you join you gain access to case studies, jobs, work placements (very useful for students) and access to networking events. The networking events are very important as it is often said of PR, "its not what you know, its who you know".

I am a member of CIPR as a student. It will allow me to contact PR experts for advice or study case studies which will expand my learning of the subject. I will also gain access to the PR library in London which will be very useful in my studies. 

The reason I mention this is because the CIPR or PRSA seem to be the place to be for PR practitioners and want to be practitioners alike. I intend to find work placements through the CIPR which I will write about here, this will allow me to update my CV which is very important. 

It seems it is become the norm for graduates to have relevant experience as well as their degree. This is something I must work on as my previous PR experience is non existent. 

All in good time....

No comments: